Sunday 29 July 2007

Building a timber framed swing and save money...!

My daughter, Princess Jasmine wanted a swing for her birthday and her old King daddy decided it was cheaper to try and build one than buy one (the cheapest timber one I could find, being £169.00). So on Friday morning, with nothing but the look of expectation in my little princesses eyes, I set off and scoured the local area. I bought the wood, bolts, seats and rope locally and saved a bundle by making it myself, the time it took to complete - a few hours, years of happiness in a little girls eyes that'll always remember the swing her daddy made for her, priceless.

5 x 10ft round logs - £42
10 x bolts - £16
Rope - £25
2 x seats - £ 9

Total £92


Not bad eh?

2 comments:

Stevyn Colgan said...

Clever git ...

Shamus Murphy said...

blooming cleverest gitbag i does know.

One day you will find a cheap way to make a phone and drive your wooden car to see your mates!.

Great job dude!!