Tuesday 9 December 2008

Art Commission 4 of 4 - Skip the Dog

At last, the final piece of my commissioned dog quartet, this is Skip, sadly no longer with us, his owner and my mate marmite (almost rhythms).
This one was somewhat difficult in that I wasn't able to take reference photos like I normally do, and was limited to only one photo. Still I feel I have captured his likeness and this I achieved by using only about four pencils (4H, 2H, HB and 4B - which gives me a great range of tones and shades) on A4 cartridge paper.
I then use this image together with the preceeding three others to compile a "quartet" of the four dogs, and had them printed all together on a white boxed canvas (26" x26") which now hangs proudly in marmite's tea rooms in Stannington (Stannington Nurseries, Station road, Stannington - there you are Marmite a free plug).






No comments: