Monday 20 September 2010

Beautiful Boys

Medium: Graphite (leads 2B, B, F, 3H, 6H 7H)
Size: A2 (594mm x 420mm)
Paper: Goldline Bristol board pad 220gsm
Duration: 14 hrs

This is the second of three commission sketches in graphite of two brothers.

I’v enjoyed this dual portrait sketch, as there was great contrast in tones between the two brothers, again it was a challenge from the start as I had to work from a very low quality photo and I decided to leave the background out as it was a very monotone black sofa. I thought that these two boys could stand alone without the unnescessary distraction, of that kind of background. The third, in the series, is going to be tougher as I not only have to sketch these two boys again, but add their parents into the final composition as well. And the sources are all seperate photos. Well it wouldn’t be fun, if it was too easy now would it?

No comments: