Wednesday 29 October 2008

Art Commission - Foal Sketch (Roxy)

Here is a pencil sketch I've just completed of a foal (called Roxy) When I was out in the field with her owner to take my initial shots, she just kept running away to her mum, but my patience paid off, after kneeling down with my camera, she felt relaxed enough to be curious and came up closer and I was able to get the shots I wanted. I decided on her right side as the coat pattern on this side looked best. I am using a Canon EO5 Digital SLR.

The finished sketch was done on A4 cartridge paper. I used a Derwent Graphic Designer pencil set which has the pencil range I needed (4H - 3H -2H - H - F - 2B to 6B) This time I found that for this sketch, I used mainly pencils 4H, 2H, HB and 2B. I then scanned the finished sketch into Photoshop. As it was an overcast (and very windy) day I had to tweak the brightness and contrast of the chosen photo in Photoshop to bring out the facial muscles and tones in the dark section of the coat.and played around with the tone levels before I printed the final image on A4 size 300 gsm cotton canvas. This really enhances the pencil work I put into a sketch, in fact I believe this final result looks better than the original A4 sketch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is real art shown above beautiful designed this photo and looks so cool, great to see it.
personalised wallpaper