Wednesday 15 October 2008

Art Commission - Girl and her Dog


This is a sketch of May and her pet dog "Ralph" sketched from a photograph onto canvas and then scanned into Photoshop and printed on A4 Cotton Canvas (I just love the finished effect you get printing on canvas). I also have to add that this shaggy dog was probably one of the hardest pets I've ever drawn, but my patience paid off.

I used the Derwent Graphic Designer pencil set that I used for the Horse sketch (April - see previous post) this time I tried sketching straight onto canvas instead of onto cartridge paper (my favourite medium) this, I feel gave me a fantastic texture to work with for this particular subject (soft focus photo and shaggy dog).



1 comment:

Stevyn Colgan said...

Hoorah! Some new Borisings!

very nice Mt Szymczuk. Very nice.