Wednesday 16 March 2011

White Horse - Ziggy

Medium: Acrylic
Paper: Stretched canvas board
Size: 30” x 40”
Duration: 12 hours

This is a painting I’ve just recently completed of a beautiful white horse (pretty obvious I know) in acrylic, the painting took me 12 hours over three days. As the reference source for my painting, I was lucky enough to get the kind permission of a local photographer, David Parkin to use some of his great photos of horses he had taken (Thanks David).

I really love this painting and keep returning to look at it, not only because it is a truly magnificent animal, but I also loved the challenged of painting this scene for two reasons. The first it was the biggest painting I’ve ever done, and if that wasn’t challenging enough I loved the POV (point of view) of the person looking up from the ground at the horse just over the brow of a hill.



No comments: