Sunday 13 November 2011

The Cottage



Medium: Acrylic
Paper: Arturo Stretched canvas
Size: 24″ × 15.5
Duration: Approximately 8-10 hours over two to three days.
This is a painting I’ve been itching to undertake for absolutely donkeys (well at least since I started painting in ernest), the source reference which I discovered inside a movie, called Ironclad, about a Templar Knight in England who rallies a few supporters to protect a maiden in her keep, a bit on the lines of the Magnificent 7 (but without the mexican villagers). About a third of the way into the movie, the knight and some of his followers seek the aid of a blacksmith, the scene just before they arrive, is of a beautiful white stone thatched blacksmiths cottage nestled amongst a tree line at the edge of a wood, fading off into a dusky misty morning. When I saw this scene, I knew I had to have a go at painting it, I could see the image in my head of this scene, but as a painting, all shades of green with the cow in a rustic red, oh yes, I just had to paint it, didn’t I?

No comments: